Information We Collect
How we collect and store information depends on how you access and use the Alig Law Firm Sites and Platform. We collect information in multiple ways including when you provide information directly to us, when you permit third parties to provide information to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as information collected from your browser or device.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information from you during your use or access of the Sites or Platform, such as:
- When you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- When you complete and submit the online bankruptcy questionnaire;
- When you fill out any forms;
- When you transmit User Content;
- When you register for an Account;
- When you download or use one of our mobile applications; or
- When you otherwise communicate with us through the Platform.
The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to: (a) name; (b) email address; (c) home, business, or fax number; (d) home, business, or mailing address; (e) demographic information (e.g., gender, age); (f) date of birth; (g) social security number; (h) bank statements; (i) information about your credit rating, including credit reports; (j) video, photo, or audio files; (k) payment information, including credit card number or bank account number; (l) tax information, including tax returns; (m) communication preferences; (n) Platform account information, including username and password; or (o) any other content you upload through the Platform or communicate to us.
Information from Creditors and Public Records
We may collect information about Users through creditors or through public records, such as publicly accessible court records. For example, to the extent permitted by law, we may, in our sole discretion, ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your credit from a credit bureau. We may combine information that we collect from Users or Members through the Sites or Platform with information that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser may allow you to modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Sites or Platform because they may not function properly. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
How Alig Law Firm Uses The Information You Provide
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, including registering for the Platform and verifying your identity and authority to use the Platform;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To process billing and payment, including sharing with third-party payment gateways and payment service providers in connection with the Platform;
- To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development;
- With your consent, to contact you by text message, phone, or fax, regarding certain services or information you have requested;
- For Alig Law Firm’s market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform;
- For other research and analytical purposes;
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform; and
- For other legitimate business purposes.
We may combine information that we collect from you through the Sites or Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Sites or Platform. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties.
By using the Alig Law Firm Sites or Platform, you consent that Alig Law Firm, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
When Alig Law Firm Discloses Your Information
Alig Law Firm will not disclose your personal data outside Alig Law Firm, except to service providers acting on our behalf or in other very limited circumstances, for example, with your agreement or where we are under a legal obligation to do so. Alig Law Firm will not sell, trade, or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties without your express consent.
Unless otherwise described in this Policy, Alig Law Firm may share the information that we collect from you through the Sites or Platform as follows:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with any Alig Law Firm affiliates.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to your information to select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us including billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, and legal services. As we retain new service providers, we generally seek contractual assurances from these service providers that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us provide you with the services and products available from Alig Law Firm.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information when required by law or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive; (b) establish or exercise our legal rights including enforcing and administering agreements with Users; or (c) defend Alig Law Firm against legal claims. If we are required by law to disclose your information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you.
- App Store Providers. We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third-party app store providers (for example, the Apple App Store) to allow you to download our mobile apps.
Alig Law Firm employs appropriate physical, procedural and technological security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Alig Law Firm may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures, however, are 100% failsafe. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will not be collected, disclosed and/or used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your login and password private, and not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts. Alig Law Firm is not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
Updating, Deleting, And Correcting Your Information
Changes To This Policy
This Policy is current as of the effective date set forth above. Alig Law Firm may, in its sole discretion, change this Policy at any time. Alig Law Firm encourages you to review this Policy regularly for any changes. Your continued access to or use of the Alig Law Firm Sites or Platform will be subject to the terms of the current Policy.